Year 11 Preparation - MEA Sixth Form
To help you prepare to study at MEA Sixth Form next year, each subject has provided you with a range of tasks, activities, research or reading.
Students who have applied to MEA Sixth Form or are still considering applying - We recommend that you work through a mixture of the tasks set.
Please not do not worry if you struggle with some of the activities or tasks set or are unable to complete them all
Please use the table below to continue learning at home to prepare for your Next Steps where you will find:
- Work to compete
- Instructions on how to complete the work set
- Advice on how to stay motivated when learning at home
What to do at home
Task 1: You are going to explore the three Energy systems which enable the body to perform at different intensities. You will need to click on the video links provided in ClassCharts – these videos will give you a narrated, interactive break down of how each system works and how it provides the body with energy. We want you to gain a brief overview of each system and begin to understand which energy systems are best suited to different types of physical activity or sport.
Task 2: Once you have watched the video links, fill in the ‘Energy System’ worksheet attached.
Health and Social Care
Task 1: You are going to explore the different courses available that relate to health and social care. You need to click on the links provided and research some of the courses available for you to do. Once you have made your selection, join the course and work through the modules. All the courses provided are free and will equip you with the head start needed when entering health and social care employment or education programmes in the future. Once you have completed your chosen course, you will be emailed a certificate which you may print and use as evidence of learning.
Task 2: You need to fill in your logbook on any courses you have completed. You will need to justify why you have chosen your course and explain what you have learnt from completing the course. You will also self-reflect on your performance and the scores you have gained.
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
Task 1: Use the video links provided in class charts to research ways in which businesses create successful marketing campaigns and the types of thought process that goes into them.
Task 2: Use the resources in ClassCharts to work through the stages of creating your own marketing campaign focussing on the techniques that are used within the video clips. This will give you an understanding of the practical ways in which businesses persuade us to become customers and choose them over their competitors.
Use these top tips to help you stay motivated when learning at home!
- Organise and plan your daily activities - be consistent each day with your routine.
- Set yourself mini goals daily and tick them off. Reward yourself if you achieve a set number during the week or day
Maintain a sleep routine
- Try to go to bed at the same time each night and aim to get 8-10 hours sleep to function at your best.
- Remember your sleep has an impact on your mood, concentration levels and mental health.
Connect with the world around you
- Stay connected with your friends, school and extended family members via online video chats, messaging or emails.
- Talk to people and ask for help if you feel sad, worried or have a low mood.
- Listen to podcasts which interest you, make you feel good and inspire you.
- Watch YouTube videos about fascinating things or motivational talks.
Do things you love
- Build little things you love into your routines such as listening to music, drawing or being outside with nature.
- Create a new playlist of your favourite feel-good songs or watch a feel-good film in the evening.
- Get out in the fresh air and go for a daily walk, jog, run or cycle.
- Take part in an online yoga or fitness class on YouTube, and complete the MEA Sports challenge each day.