While we place high value on academic achievement, we know that this alone will not guarantee a fantastic future for our students.
At MEA we provide an exciting bespoke programme of study that develops our students' character. We call this our Fantastic Futures Curriculum. We believe that the virtues that make up a good character can be taught and learnt.
Fantastic Futures is a curriculum subject, which combines:
• Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE)
• Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
• Religious Education (RE)
• Careers education
• British Values and Diversity
Our Fantastic Futures curriculum equips students with the knowledge and understanding of themselves, others, and the world around them, supporting them through their development with us and into their futures. Our curriculum covers a broad range of topics across Years 7-11, which places students’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development at its heart. The curriculum provides a basis in which students can explore risks, understand how to manage risks and where to seek help, through their time with us and into the futures.
Our Fantastic Futures curriculum aims to equip students with the knowledge, experiences and skills in order to achieve ‘A Fantastic Future’. Through the Fantastic Futures curriculum students learn to:
- Develop curiosity, resilience, responsibility and respect.
- Develop leadership skills and understand how to empower and help others.
- Understand what a healthy lifestyle is· Understand risks, risky behaviour and where to obtain help, guidance and support, both within school and in wider life.
- Understand how to keep safe, both online and offline.
- Explore individual identity and the importance of community.
- Reflect on how their choices affect themselves, those around them and their community.
- Develop an understanding of difference, diversity and the importance of inclusion.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills and engage with business, community groups and local businesses in a positive way.
- Know how others differ and can articulate what respect for difference looks like.
Each year students study a combination of six Fantastic Futures units. We also place a key emphasis on experience, providing students with visits and participation in events which develop their character and understanding of the world around them.
You can view what students study on their journey through Fantastic Futures using the download below.