Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Free School Meals
We encourage all parents/carers to check if their child is entitled to FSM (Free School Meals). Being registered for free school meals benefits the student and the school.
In the past, Manchester City Council have been able to tell us which students are entitled to free school meals, based on their knowledge of who receives benefits. Since the introduction of Universal Credit that is no longer possible.
It is now up to parents/carers to apply for free school meals.
It is very important that we know who is entitled to free school meals; not only so that we can provide your child with a lunch every day, free of charge, but also because the school will receive additional funding, which we use to support your child’s education and ensure that they reach their full potential. The cashless catering system in the school means that confidentiality is preserved and that no one knows who is in receipt of a free meal.
The only way to find out if we should give your child free school meals is to check your eligibility online via the link below:
If you experience any difficulty with this process, please contact the Academy office or email email@example.com who will be pleased to assist you wherever possible.
What is the qualifying criteria for free school meals?
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit