Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Relationships & Sex Education
RSE is taught as a component of our Fantastic Futures curriculum. All students study one hour per week of Fantastic Futures.
In Year 11 students study the following topics:
- The importance of health and wellbeing as young adults, exploring rights, responsibilities and strategies which link to positive physical, emotional, mental and social health and how ow the relationship between greater responsibility, pressure and independence can have on health and wellbeing.
- Understanding of the importance of healthy lifestyle choices on health and wellbeing, including the impact of poor diet, physical inactivity, sleep and nutrition has on aspects of health.
- To understand what stress is and how to manage stress, including stress which results from relationships with others.
- How idealised images of bodies and the pressure to conform, can adversely affect body image and self-esteem.
- Ways to take responsibility for monitoring personal health and wellbeing, including sun safety, self-examination and screening.
- How to reduce the risk of contracting or passing on sexually transmitted infections and what taking responsibility for sexual health is.
If you would like to find out more about RSE, the Parental Right to Withdrawl and Parental Consulation or access further support; please click here.