As part of our Fantastic Futures Curriculum we support MEA students by:
- helping to prepare them for progression into employment or the next stage of their education
- providing opportunities for students to connect with positive role models from the world of work and engage with local businesses to prepare for the future in a digital world
- helping them develop entrepreneurial skills
At MEA, we use many different methods to measure and assess the impact of our careers programme. We do this do by:
- Regularly evaluating our programme through the compass tool
- Our NEET figures, which have been very positive over the years, due to the careers programme we have in place
- Having a tracker for every year group to ensure that all students receive opportunities to develop their employability skills
- All curriculum areas completing annual evaluations
- Students, staff and employers completing feedback forms after any career related event
For more information about careers visit:
The Careers Leader at MEA is Ms Patel, Assitant Vice Principal. You can contact Ms Patel via our main reception on 0161 499 2726 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Jennie Gibson a careers advisor from Positive Steps is at the Academy every Wednesday and Friday to provide careers guidance on an appointment basis for Years 8, 10, 11 and 12. Jennie also offers a drop in session at break for all students.
If you are a further education establishment, employer or business who would like to support our careers programme please contact Ms Patel as above, and see our Provider Access Policy below.
The information on this page is reviewed annually in September.