Our School App Stay connected on the go...
We fundamentally believe that RE is a part of a well-balanced and broad curriculum, which offers our students both the knowledge and experiences for life in modern Britain. Religious Education is taught as a component in our Fantastic Futures curriculum. Our RE curriculum has been developed to reflect the religious views of our local community, but also the city, nation and wider world our students live in.
Our RE curriculum aims to:
- Develop students’ knowledge of religion and culture
- Provide students with the knowledge and experiences they need to understand the fundamental British Values of tolerance and mutual respect
- Provide students with an opportunity to reflect on their own beliefs and the beliefs of others
- Develop students’ curiosity, providing them with a space to ask moral and ethical questions and debate
- Develop students’ RE literacy, empowering them to respectfully consider the ethical and moral dilemmas that the study of religion, philosophy and ethics provides
- Promote a community of belonging
Students study the following Religious Education units through their curriculum journey, in Fantastic Futures:
All students have the opportunity to visit a local Synagogue and Judaism in Summer 2
Right to Withdraw:
If you wish to discuss any aspect of our RE curriculum then please do not hesitate to contact the curriculum leader for Fantastic Futures, by emailing S.King@meacad.org.uk or by contacting the academy.
We recognise that parents or carers have the right to withdraw their child from all or part of Religious Education. Parents or carers wishing to withdraw their child from RE should make a written request to the principal, who will then arrange a meeting to discuss the request.