Posted on: 15/09/2023
What do students learn about in RSE?
- Different types of relationships, including friendships, family relationships, intimate relationships, dealing with strangers;
- Their legal rights and responsibilities relating to the relationships with others, including relating to equality; consent and sexual harassment and forms of abuse;
- How to recognise, understand and build healthy relationships, including self-respect and respect for others, commitment, boundaries, consent, and how to manage conflict
- Healthy relationships and e-safety;
- How to recognise unhealthy relationships, abuse and the law;
- How relationships may affect health and wellbeing, including mental health;
- Diversity and identity;
- Factual knowledge around sex, sexual health, sexuality and identity.