Consultation with Parents and Carers
We are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers on Relationships and Sex Education.
The initial Relationships and Sex Health Education (RSE) consultation took place in 2018-19. The purpose of the consultation was to consult with parents and carers and share our curriculum approach at MEA, in line with the new statutory guidelines for RSE, which were introduced in Autumn 2020.
For the academic year 2021-22, we made a small number of changes to our RSE curriculum, this is to ensure the curriculum continues to meet the needs of our students. As part of our commitment to consult with parents and carers, consultation for these changes were emailed to parents and carers of students in Year 7-11, ahead of Autumn 01 2021, consulting on changes for the academic year 2021-22. We will continue to work in partnership with parents and carers by:
- Keeping the RSE consultation open for the academic year 2021-22, which can be accessed on the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/sb40WZTERA
- Writing to parents and carers informing them about our RSE curriculum, including giving details of what is being taught; guidance on how to support conversations around these topics at home
- Having our RSE curriculum available for viewing on the academy website
- Having information available during open days and parents’ evenings to provide additional opportunities for parents and carers to discuss our RSE curriculum with us
- Encouraging parents and carers to contact the academy to discuss our RSE curriculum, for example by contacting the Curriculum Leader of Fantastic Futures, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular opportunities are also available for students to help inform our RSE curriculum, including through student voice activities.